Well, I'll be the first to say that gifting a living creature like a dog is a really, really bad idea. However, in this case, the folks involved knew we wanted a dog, wanted THIS dog, and had spent enough time with him over the last few weeks to know what was involved.

Now that the disclaimer is taken care of, Tammy and I received the gift of a 12-18 month old American Eskimo this past weekend. He came with the name Snowball, which is not what I would have chosen, but he answers to it so there is no need to change it.

Once he settles in completely (he's doing really great so far though) I'll get some real photos of him, but for now his rescue photo (which I took when he first came into the group) will have to do.

I think he is definitely on the low side of the age scale, maybe even under 12 months, but this is the closest thing to a puppy we've had in about 15 years. He was seized from an unfit owner who had him in a crate on a balcony 24-7 for who knows how long. Even after all that, he's a real love bug. He's already found his spot in the people bed (on my pillow) and has been getting along great with the rest of the clan.