Preston,
what I meant was that people use my show photos on websites, mugs, etc. without paying for them. I know because when I don't get paid, I check websites. It's easy with show dogs because there is always a kennel name associated with the dog and it's easy to find them with a simple Google Search.

As for people who "steal" them for use in calendars, books, etc., no I haven't actually seen that. Most of the folks who publish that type of product know that they need copyright releases and most of them know they'll get them if they simply ask. A woman from England published a book last year and contacted me for some Rottie show photos. I asked for -- and received -- copyright information and identification of the dog. It happened to be Sonny, the father of our first Cassidy litter who finished the year as the #7 Rottweiler. Sonny was recently euthanized due to osteocarcoma of the spine and I was able to present a copy of the book to his owner. That meant a lot to her.

Also, I don't just shoot Rotties -- although it sometimes feels that way . I shoot All Breed shows so I have to monitor 138 breeds.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz