Thanks very much, Jim. Yes, you are right...the last shot is my favorite of the bunch - by far...though I think they are all very solid. Believe it or not, this was the shortest shoot I have ever done. The entire shoot - from setup to break-down was only about 1/2 hour. I took 13 shots total. They were mostly all winners. Usually, I work well over an hour and a half to get a portrait done...and recently I had to put in 2 1/2 hours to get the shots I wanted (I will show some of those later when I am done processing them).

As to the AF on the 5d...yeah, you are right. I was shooting black on black and that is tough. There was not much natural light in the room and I was doing it without the AF assist enabled. Having said that, the 40d n-e-v-e-r hunts when set to the same settings. However, as I did not bring the 40d with me, I cannot say that for sure that it is less or more sensitive...only that I THINK it is. :P My experience is that the AF on the 40d is fast and accurate. This (the 5d) hunted around quite a bit at one point. Ultimately, I got the shots (quickly I will add), but next time the AF assist (the red light) will be going on.

I am photographing a cocker and a cat on Monday evening, and possibly an older guy later this week...so we will see how it works out. I also need to update the firmware. I have the older 1.06 on it...and I was definitely getting the black dots in and reflected areas (such as in the eyes).

James