Yikes! Yes, it's way too saturated (red and yellow). Sorry about that James. I did that edit quickly on another computer/monitor that I don't personally calibrate.

To facilitate a more credible comparison I put the two (mine now more or less color correted) together side by side.

Other thoughts...
Bindy's left eye contains one (of three) catch lights that I eliminated and a little white dot on the nose that I also cloned (actually healed) away. But it raises a question about catch light control. When possible I really prefer soft boxes. Instead of little dots one gets (when the placement is good) very pleasing shapes.

I agree there are often good reasons to allow the rearward parts to drift into an oof state. I guess, upon further reflection, I wish there was more of the hind quarter visible and I wish it was on the other side. But hey, kids and pets - they are awfully challenging and sometimes you just get what you get and that's it. It happens to me all the time. Eliminating that aspect of the photo as I did in my edit may not result in a net improvement as it introduces other issues - always the sign of a less than good solution!

Looking back over your selected images from the shoot I really like #1 but for the face and head angle - I like the arcing body composition.

What fun... those ears are a hoot!