…have come too far for that.

WELCOME BACK!

It’s sad that more than half the thread was lost and I have been trying to think of what’s missing and where we left off. Thank you to Chanthee for recovering what she did.

I know all the Animoto information is gone and there was a lot of interest in that, so Julie you might want to post your link again.

The last post I left was to Julie regarding “Is it Cheating” stating I was shocked that heads could be switched and asked if she could post some examples for me to see. All of this amazes me.

Let me try and catch you up. I will do it in a few separate posts so that this doesn’t get too long winded and boring. Rescue is busier than I have ever seen for April. I have been caring for about 60 on my own (shelters will have 4 full time employees to do that) and needless to say I need pictures of each one of them in order to find them homes.

Before we lost the thread I posted to show that for the first time ever I was able to get pictures of black kitties (they are gone with the missing half of the thread). While the pictures might not have been great, in the past all I could get was a black blob. This was a major accomplishment for me. My photos are definitely getting better, slowly, but surely.

I got homes for the two black kitties I took in! As I previously stated short hair black and short hair brown tabby kittens are the hardest for me to get adopted. There is such an overabundance of them and I can never get a good picture of them. With my new skills I have gotten both the black and tabby cats adopted due to pictures.

I did make my way through the Digital for Dummies book and even attended a photography class that “psmith” found for me given by Steven Hirsch (more on that later).

Here are some samples of where I am at now (and how far I have come):

This first one was chosen, because David will think I did better with the catch lights (I just got lucky)

It’s funny, but for some reason I do not care for any backgrounds that are not solid. Even looking at some of the professional work I personally do not like the animals in front of anything but a solid background. That being said I do have some backgrounds here that are prints and some are rather busy and I usually only use them for holidays. I couldn’t find a solid that I liked and tried this print. It is so busy, but I had people fighting over this kitten (and of course what they are fighting over is the picture):

Here is one of the pregnant moms I rescued, “Fred.” Yes the shelter thought is was an altered male. SURPRISE! She steals and hides babies, so she has been renamed “Merlin.”

And just a couple more to show you the progress:

I still cannot control my lights. David wanted me to get the catch lights at 12 and 7 (I think – that too is gone from the thread) and I have no clue how do accomplish that. I have had my lights up, down, in and out and regardless of where they are (it also depends on the pose of the kitty) I can't get the catch lights where David wants them.

Anyway, I am glad we are back up and running.

Barbra