Are we both talking about posting the little thumbnails on Petfinder? I guess I just assumed that was your main venue for advertising the animals. From a rescue standpoint, I compare the thumbnail images I create and the Petfinder hits they get to those of other area rescues who do use a lot of props. I consistently get higher and a fair amount more hits than they do. But there could be other reasons for that.

Or are you making a flyer? In which case, yea of course from a graphic design standpoint, that's great stuff for anything postcard size or larger.

Our main advertisement venue is just the little Petfinder thumbnails, so I have always shaped my style around those statistics. After all, you know the old story I'm sure, either they fell in love with the photo or they fell in love with the description.

That's something about someone driving six hours one way for a red tiger kitty. I know the orange dudes are usually the most popular among adopters. I know I wanted one and now I got three!

Quote:

Last week I posted a picture of the tabby with no props. I had no interest in him. This week I posted the pictures with the flowers and received so many inquiries on him and so many comments about how great the photos are. He goes to his adoptive home on Sunday and the woman is traveling SIX hours one way to get him!

Barbra

Inspired By Paws