Julie,

I forgive you for your rude comment and chalk it up to lack of rescue knowledge. Spend a week in a high kill shelter or even a week here with me fielding the calls and emails from shelters which are all about the same, asking “Can you take cats xyz? If not they will be put down on Thursday.” One has to sit and play Sophie’s choice and it is an awful position to be in. I am now trying to base these decisions on which cats I will be able to photograph well, so that I can get them a home. You just have no clue.

YES the background light will produce a better looking picture (if I can learn to use it correctly) and YES a better picture WILL without doubt save lives! I have already seen the difference it has been making so far.

I use the camera in Manual mode ONLY. I have not even tried to shoot on automatic or even priority modes. LOL maybe I should

I agree with you that Preston and Helmi are after something completely different than what I am going for. The cat’s structure, etc. mean very little in the pictures I use. I need the “cuteness factor” and the awwwwwws for my photos to be a success.

After all the kitties are set for the night I am working on pictures and research until about 3AM every night (morning).

Barbra