Quote:

Hi Preston,

I think in the beginning David told me to use one too (maybe for the teddy bears though). I have noticed NO difference (with the exception of back pain. I have not yet been able to set a stage at proper height so I am in some pretty funny positions to get the shot). I guess the smart question for me to ask is why you don’t use a tripod (so I am asking)?

The use of the tripod was for the teddy bear test so that you could concentrate on lighting instead of holding a camera. The use of teddy bears was so that you could concentrate on lighting instead of moving animals. If you are getting back or neck pain from using a tripod, then you probably are not using the tripod correctly or using the wrong tripod for the job. I don't use a tripod of animal portraits, but when I do use a tripod, I can use it for 16 hours and NOT get back or neck pain.

Quote:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I forgot (just looking over my notes now) the other thing I learned is never ever ever delete a photo from the disk in the camera. He stressed this very strongly explaining how it will corrupt the disk (of course I had been doing this all the time). He said to format the disk.

He doesn't know what he is talking about. I delete from the card all the time and have done so for over 8 years and over 1 million photos and have NEVER corrupted a card. You do need to format the card ( He is right about this). What can corrupt a card is to insert or remove the card with the camera still turned on. It won't corrupt the card everytime, but can and I have had it happen to me.

David Ramey Photography