Hello Photo Friends,

I have missed you and this forum, but have been following some of you on FB.

To bring you up to date (the quick version) I haven't learned a whole lot since we last chatted other than the current set-up I had was not going to do what I wanted (2 hot lights and 2 umbrellas).

I cheated during the rescue season, by using poster backgrounds and the photos caused quite a stir.

Here are a few examples:

I did learn a little more about lighting in the sense that those posters sure can create a glare and trying to get the poster and cat lit with little to no glare on the poster was a job. When the poster didn’t look real I played around with the lighting as much I could and often found that lighting from the side was most interesting (and helpful in making the poster look better). I found in this shot that it added a foggy, eerie kind of feeling and to me it worked (you should have seen how bad the poster was).

I had hoped that once kitten season ended I would be able to learn more about strobes and start 2011 off with much better photos of the rescues. The season never ended. In almost 20 years of rescue I NEVER had moms delivering in January and I now have several.

In addition to the moms I now have Alien Bees. They are still in the boxes and I will be setting them up next weekend. Not that I have a clue what to do.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Barbra