Tyler,
I have a wedding coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm just putting my gear together too. My first suggestion is to log onto the Fred Miranda site and visit their wedding forum. There you'll see some samples of the types of shots that most couples expect as well as a wide variety of styles (traditional, journalistic, etc.). I'd also ask the couple what type of images they expect/want. That's the best place to start.

For weddings, I use my 17-55 F2.8IS, my 70-200 F2.8IS, two camera bodies, a 580EX on-camera flash for the reception candids and I carry my studio strobes for formals of the wedding party along with a Vagabond II battery pack.

While the zooms are my workhorse lenses, I also carry my 50 F1.4 and my 85 F1.8 just in case and for some nice available light selective-focus shots (rings, bouquets, candles, etc.). The artsy stuff!

What time is the ceremony? Beach shots are great but you have to deal with lots of light as opposed to what most of us have to deal with which is not enough light. If it's late in the day, you'll have to deal with a setting sun and, while that provides lovely light, it also makes having on-camera flash pretty necessary.

BTW, you can rent anything you need just for this shoot at places like Lens Depot, Lens Rentals dot com, etc. So you don't need to invest a lot to have the gear you need.

As for the product(s) you deliver, again, check out the Miranda site for tips and links to suppliers of albums, prints, books, etc.

And, lastly, good luck and have fun.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz