Update:

Believe it or not, we had sun breaks at the beach. Unfortunately there was a fair bit of wind for the shots with just the bride and groom at the waters edge, so half of my photos the bride's hair was blowing across her face until I got smart and found the compromise between sunlight and wind direction.

The ceremony actually took place in a small whale watching gazebo that was fully enclosed, half of it glass windows. The light wasn't bad at all, and since the quarters were so close, I found myself sticking to the 18-55 VR. The wide shots look great. Some of the ones closer to the 55 ranger are a bit too dark, but seem like they won't be too bad to touch up in photoshop.

I have a lot more respect for wedding photographers now, and I can say this is not something I would want to do as a job =P. You're expected to get great shots, but not be in the way, and so much happens in a short time. Yikes.

I'm not sure what the family thinks of the shots yet, I'm sure my Aunt will be telling me soon though. Thanks again for the tips. As with my Winter Hawks shoot two weeks ago, I learned a ton doing this. I may not all of the knowledge in my Nature shots, but its good to know, and good to challenge myself and photograph new things.

Last edited by Tyler; 03/26/09 12:10 PM.