David, why wouldn't you want to create a work of art that also preserves a memory? I look back on stuff I did not long ago and what I did to it in photoshop and smack myself in the head!

I delete anything I wouldn't want people to show to everyone or hang on their walls. I *try* not to go overboard with PS(not that I don't sometimes)

Something was said to me when showing prints for PPA competition. It was "You CAN create a portrait for a customer that also can be a merit print. People may not understand the difference, but, they appreciate it".

Most of what I shoot is not merit print worthy. It lacks those special qualities from composition to lighting that could be better. I am working on it. My goal is to have the ability to have that sort of quality for every person I take money from.

Jim, its your vision. Its your work. You need to work it as you see fit. I am just giving an opinion on the PS edge.

I just don't think that one should assume that clients won't appreciate really good portraits, that could be considered art.