Hi

I'm glad you liked the article. It was like being back at school trying to put words together! I am currently trying to persuade my wife to go back to Botswana (up to the Okavango Delta) but she is not keen on safari by mokoro (dugout canoe) as someone I know was killed in a hippo attack/accident a couple of years ago. (Mind you - I also want to go cage diving off South Africa to see Great Whites and she is not keen on that either!)

In defence of people who watch any predator hunt I guess that its the only time where you see a raw animal instinct take over. As Cain said its the time when all the adrenalin takes over and they are totally pumped up. I once watched a solitary lioness kill a zebra on the shore of Lake Nakuru in Kenya she then had to drag it in the midday sun to her three cubs who were hiding almost a mile away. She was exhausted after a long chase and although she had disembowelled it to make it lighter she could only go about 10 metres before collapsing. It took a long time to make it "home". It wasn't the kill that enthralled me it was the determination in her face to get back to her family.

Regards PaparazziPete www.marlboroughphoto.co.uk