Quote:

Hey David,

On an entirely separate note, I was listening to Click and Clack this weekend, and they were talking about the possibility of the volcano going off and one thing they mentioned was problems with auto-mobiles getting ash in their system, particularly cars with turbos. You might want to download the podcast if it is available to you (it is free on itunes). Or, LOL, it may be of no help to you at all. :P

James

I don't buy cars or trucks with turbos. To keep the ash out of the engine, you put panyhose over the air intake and have a good CLEAN air filter in the car. That is what I did this morning at sunrise. I can't get photo of the volcano because of cloud cover. They are predicting snow so it may be over before I can get photos. The only impact it would have on me is if the ash blows this way (west to east) and then it is just a minor annoyance unless you have respitory problems, then it is serious. I am pretty much self sufficient here. I am on the power grid, but if we loose power, I just hook up the generator and life goes on almost as normal. I want the sky to clear and when I go down to the beach I want to see Mt Redoubt blow fire and smoke 50,000 feet into the air so I can get some GREAT photos.

David Ramey Photography