Quote:

Hey George,

LOL, looks like you got everything, including the sign on top of the trail!! Stupid question, but when you say '360 degree pano,' that is a full circle, yes? Does what you are showing compare with the horseshoe composite on the google map?

James

James,

Here is how this was made. I hiked down to the bottom of the trail to this location

I set up my tripod and leveled it. Then I mounted my D300 vertically. I rotated the camera on the tripod a full 360 degrees taking 19 frames with approximately a 20% overlap between frames. I used Panomaker4Pro to stitch the frames and produce the web page with the embedded viewer that is linked to in the OP.

There are alot of challenges to these types of photos. Capturing the images in the correct register, optical distortions due to the varied topography and perspectives and dealing with the uneven lighting over such a wide area are the major ones. In this one the lighting was a real challenge. This is one type of image where having the sun directly overhead can be advantageous. Unfortunately this one was taken with the sun at a pretty steep angle resulting int the lighting being very uneven.

Hope this helps.