I was very happy to come across your pet photography forum!I have been looking at all the posts and have enjoyed all the wonderful photos.
Like a lot of people here I take photos for rescue. The rescue I volunteer for is a breed rescue specializing in German Shepherds. I've been taking photos for this rescue for about 3 years now.
I do not have a studio or lighting other than my external flash, the majority of the shoots are done outside, and I'm strictly an amateur. I sure wish I could be pro though
I have had German Shepherds for many years and currently have two of my own. The shots I'm including here are dogs that were in foster homes. They are more difficult to work with than my own two that are more relaxed and take direction.
I am shooting with a handicap....Sony Alpha 100 It's VERY noisy with anything higher than 400 iso, and just doesn't do well in low light.
I'm very interested in what helps the dogs, and also advice on what works for other rescue photographers. The rescue requests head shots, various poses that show what the dog looks like, and shots that show their individual personality.
These dogs are usually in foster homes and some of the backgrounds leave MUCH to be desired.

I included shots I've taken for critique. I hope it's not too many. I wonder about the color too. I'm not sure if my monitor is right or not.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Loueen