Quote:

I, however am unsure if I am prepared to Camo up and sit in still in the woods for hours. I am no hunter, but living in PA gives me access to one of the largest hunting cultures in the states. I have been researching the topics more this last year and find that hunting is a very boring hobby. I mean, there is brief moments of glory preceded by hours of pure boredom. I never realized until recently that deer hunters sometime climb into a tree and sit there near motionless for dawn to dusk.

Not much different than a landscape photographer that sits for long periods of time until the light gets right or a bird photographer that sits in a blind waiting for the bird to appear. I grew up in Ohio and therefore know about the hunting culture in that part of the country. Now I live in an even bigger hunting culture.... Alaska. I believe that it was Leonard Lee Rue III that started using hunting calls for wildlife photography. That man learned so much about nature from his 50+ years of wildlife photography that he was awarded an Honorary PHD in Science from Colorado State University.

David Ramey Photography