Quote:

BTW will these type of tactics get birds to come down also? And how load are the electronic calls?

Audubon Society has a CD or DVD with all kinds of Bird calls on it, so I think it would work for birds also. The loudness of the electronic calls would vary accourding to the size of the amplifier built in. I used to buy cassette tapes with animal calls and bird calls and used a cassette recorder with an external waterproof speaker for my calling.

Quote:

David, I know of a few people from Ohio, but have never lived there. I would have to guess that PA has a stronger hunting presence. Sure, there is no big game hunting here, but per capita, there are more hunters in this state then nearly all the others. If I recall we rank about third. That is one reason Cabela's put there store here. So even though I am not a hunter, I have access to a boat load of information. And within say a 30 mile radius of the house I have access to over 40000 acres of state game lands. A good opportunity to say the least.

I would think that PA has a lot more hunters than OH because it is a much bigger State. As far as big game hunting, Whitetail deer and black bear both are considered to be "big game" and when I used to live in that part of the country, both were able to be hunted there.

Within a 30 mile radius where I now live, I have access to 2 million acres of wildlife refuge, beaches of the Pacific Ocean, views of 4 active volcanoes with one of them in a constant state of eruption, Moose, Caribou, Black & Brown Bears, fox, lynx, wolves, coyote, all kinds of furbearers and over 250 species of birds including our 2nd most common bord, the Bald Eagle. This is some of the reasons I moved from Ohio to Alaska, but I do miss the Oaks and Maples in the fall.

David Ramey Photography