Hiya James,

She always has lots of interesting stories about tourists. LOL But that kind of goes with the job, I'd think. She says some of the foreigners come to buy a trinket just to get the Yellowstone/Old Faithful bag it's put in!

We actually gave her the idea to work there last year after she graduated high school, we were there the Fall before and saw all the young people working there. She went kicking and screaming the first year but then of course didn't want to leave once she got there and couldn't wait to get back there this year.

She loves it! I never hear from her, so I know she's loving it. :) Everyone she works with loves it too. I know there has been some bad press about Xanterra, but for the most part, I think employees are just happy to live and work in Yellowstone. Just as long as you don't go there planning to get rich on the wages. :) Lots of couples work there together for the summer.

Here's a Yellowstone story for you:

Right after she got there this year, made friends, called me to tell me one of her friends got attacked by a bear behind the dorms near Old Faithful. He was hiking on a trail and came across a grizzly(? think she told me grizzly). It walked up to him, he tried to scare it off, didn't work... So he curled up in a ball as the bear came upon him. The bear then swiped him hard across the hiney and walked off. Left him a battle scar and a new outlook on life. Lucky guy! This is why I like to remain a roadside tourist. :)I'm the slowest runner, so I'd be doomed. LOL