Preston,
about 20 feet away and I cropped it to 8X10 from 8X12. Just cropped vertically. There is a delicate balance between leaving a 135-lb. Rottie in a sit/stay at 20 feet and leaving the same dog at 30 feet. You have to be able to talk to the dog and make sure he's on the same page. And be able to grab his collar if he decides to visit a dog that has just wandered into range.

I never worried about Rowdy because I knew he was totally trustworthy. Sundance needs a bit more time before I give him that complete trust but I have no doubt I'll be able to. He's very sweet, pretty smart (despite his nickname of Butthead) and more than any Rottie I've ever known, he has a very high need to please. Most Rotties need to work. Sundance needs to make us happy. And he lights up when he gets praise. He's going to be a lot of fun.

And speaking of fun, that lens is also going to be a lot of fun. I really like it. Need to adjust to it not being a zoom but I use my 50mm F1.4 and 85mm F1.8 a lot so I know I can adjust.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz