Bev,
yes, they are. Sundance is a continuing saga of exceeding expectations -- just the way that Rowdy did as a kid. Sundance is so large and so physically intimidating that many people give him a wide berth. Today, we went to Lake Toho in Kissimmee for a walk and for me to grab some bird shots. I put Sundance into a down/stay while I shot a GBH and a little girl ran up to him and put her arms around his neck. Her mom was almost apoplectic but Sundance just stayed in his down and smiled. The little girl loved him; he loved her. Life is simple.

When mom finally got over the shock we both explained to the little girl that she should always ask for permission before she touches any dog. She listened intently and then said "but he wanted me to hug him". Sundance gave her a puppy kiss. I was so proud I thought my chest would explode.

We have a long way to go but Sundance could change a lot of opinions about Rottweilers. He's not a show dog. He's been neutered. But he's one of the most important dogs that has ever been in our lives. Thanks for liking our impromptu portraits.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz