Tim,

One of the good things about being from Texas (well I guess you can call it good)is that you get used to some long drives. When I lived on the coast here in Texas I had to drive 30 miles just to go shopping, 150 miles to the south side of Houston, 90 miles to Corpus, 200+ plus to San Antonio or Austin, well you get the picture.

I have driven to almost Acapulco, to Colorado Springs, to South Portland, Maine and to Burlington, Vermont so driving doesn't really bother me its just part of the adventure.

Stops along the way.... probably won't stop except for the motel until I get to Colorado Springs then I'll play it by ear. I am kind of a plan a route and then take another route type of traveler.

I am hoping to set up a blog of our trip if I can put it together before I leave on Tuesday.

If you decide to do something similar wait and rent your RV in Colorado Springs. In my case the RV will be a pop up camper towed behind my Honda Passport SUV. Sometimes we just have to put things on hold and as Nike says...just do it. I guess construction has its good sides... work hard and long then play hard and as long as you can..

Johnny Boyd
Austin, Texas

johnny.boyd "at" gmail.com

My Photos
http://natureimaging.com