James,

We started staying in Teton Village on our trips to Jackson. They might have something open if everything else is booked, plus they have everything you could need within walking distance.

Do you know about that gravel road past Teton Village that takes you into the Teton Park? We would get up at the crack of dawn to hit that dirt road. We have seen Moose, Coyotes, a Bear and Elk on that stretch of road. I'm sure you know about it, but that's our favorite hot spot to hit in the early hours for pictures. We sat out there one crisp, cold, morning with the windows down and listened to the Coyotes howling to each other.

We are only 4 hours away from Jackson Hole... you're making me want to go!!

Edited to Add:

I also talked to my daughter tonight that works in Yellowstone. She told us we'd be sorry if we didn't come this year because she guaranteed we'd see a bear. I guess they are everywhere! (We have yet to see a bear in Yellowstone, only one we came across was the cub in JH.)

I'm sure you've done your homework on your pending trip, but next time I talk to her I'll ask her where they are being spotted frequently this year.

Last edited by Sheebs; 06/30/05 06:23 AM.