Do you know about that gravel road past Teton Village that takes you into the Teton Park? We would get up at the crack of dawn to hit that dirt road. We have seen Moose, Coyotes, a Bear and Elk on that stretch of road. I'm sure you know about it, but that's our favorite hot spot to hit in the early hours for pictures. We sat out there one crisp, cold, morning with the windows down and listened to the Coyotes howling to each other.

Hey Sheebs,

The gravel road that you are referring to is called "the Moose Willson Road" and some of my best photographs of Coyote and Moose have come from there. It is absolutely a spectacular place.

May I ask where you are if you are 4 hours away from Jackson? Does that put you in Salt Lake? If so, it is only a hop, skip and a jump to LV for next April's DWF convention. You should go.

Anyway...I digress. Back to Moose Wilson Road. We have also seen black bear there. It is a great place to see wildlife from.

As for bear in Yellowstone, we have seen plenty of them. Though the Tetons seems to allow you better viewing locations. We have seen grizzly and black bear up past the Lake section and in the north east section of the park going past Lamaar Valley (going towards Montana).

-JM