Thought I'd chime in on these images.
First image: I do like the color hue/sat of this image, the composition, crop, and the overall style of the image. Reminds me of a calendar pose!

Right now, the only thing that bothers me is the bright spot above the dog's head. That spot just appears to be blank there which I don't think should be there. If its supposed to be sky, perhaps you could have metered off of the sky and changed your f/stop by 1 stop or so. It might have had the dog a bit more dark than it is now, but that can be corrected in photo editing software. As it stands now, I don't see how you could get anything out of that space.

For the second image, the pose and expression were caught beautifully! I really like the composition, and you followed the rule of thirds well. I love how the tint of blue on the rim of the container matches with the dog tag. The use of selective focus is super on this shot.

What I don't like about the image: The top of the dog's head is blown out. In addition, It looks like there is a blue tint to the dogs nose, its not black, it looks blue to me. Also, around the dogs eyes seem to have the same blue tint.

I think with good photo editing software, most of this could be corrected, but it would be something to watch in your camera settings before taking the pictures also.

Hope this helps..
Marie