Julie,
sometimes these guys just surprise the heck out of you. I've stacked Max a few times when he's stayed with us when his owners were on vacation but since they said they did not want to show him, I didn't really work with him. Then Rowdy was diagnosed with cancer. And Max's owners realized how much we valued him both conformationally and in terms of temperament -- he's incredibly sweet and gentle. So they agreed to let us breed to him either live or collected. To do that, we told them, he'd have to have all his health clearances and we'd like him to get his Championship if at all possible. So, they agreed to let us show him.

He may actually come with us to the American Rottweiler Club's National Specialty in Greeley Colorado in April which I'm shooting. For us, that would be awesome. Not that he'd win but he would get a chance to participate in the largest show of his career. And to spend 10 days with Linda and me including a few days running around in the Rockies. We might bring Sundance, too. Let's see, how would it be to walk 270 lbs of Rottweiler on two Flexis? Pray for no rabbits .

Full report to come.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz