Penny,
while I would like a loving, good family to adopt her I think the best chance of that is if we -- the Gulfstream Guardian Angels Rottweiler Rescue organization -- takes her out, treats her for her heartworm and then finds the best possible home for her. Animal Services will adopt to anyone who fits their rather benign criteria. We will only place dogs in homes that pass a rigorous approval process -- a process that would guarantee that what has happened with Precious would be far less likely to occur.

But first, we have to feel we can adopt her out. And that's the rub. Members of the Board who have met certain dogs -- they way I have with Precious -- will champion that dog into our organization. But they don't know Precious. They have to take my word for how good a dog she is and, more importantly, how adoptable. And they either will agree with me or not based on my credibility. Isn't it sad that a dog's life depends on the credibility of the person who is championing him/her? Such is Rescue. I can only hope that my opinion has weight. And that, ultimately, is the frustration.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz