Jim,
unfortunately, somebody has to get more involved although I agree with you that it's difficult when you need to work the organizational issues through along with the emotional ones. As of last night's Board meeting, they've agreed to take this girl out of Animal Control and put her into a foster situation for the quarantine period of 2 weeks and then she goes down to Miami for heartworm treatment and, ultimately, adoption.

I've been involved in Rescue work for over 40 years and it never gets easier. Just walking through Animal Control is difficult for me. And you realize that for every one you save, 10 others will be put down. But we keep doing it for those "ones" we do save. Every time I look at Marion Louise, I realize she could very easily have been in the same situation as Precious if we hadn't decided to "foster" her right off of the street. And so, when I'm asked, I go and evaluate hoping that the Rottie is young, healthy and sweet and knowing if it was all of those things, it probably wouldn't be in Animal Control. Sigh. At least Precious will have a chance.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz