I'd be happy taking a puppy from your home or Jim's home because I know the lengths you go to to socialize.

I'm not so comfortable with "just anyone" like that though.

Of course, this breeder may very well go out of her way to socialize as well, but I won't know that until I talk to her, meet the pups & dogs and talk to a bunch of other folks.

On vaccinations, part of my dog trainer apprentice program involves studying vaccinations as well as critical periods of socialization. The latest research shows that puppies from properly vaccinated dams are much better protected than previously believed, which allows them to be socialized publicly much earlier than before.

The trouble with the previously accepted protocols is that the keep puppies "sequestered" well beyond the first and most critical socialization period.

In addition to the fluffy corgis, we're considering another sheltie. There is one breeder that has a 15 week old sheltie left from a litter, but it is well known that they don't do any socialization, so unfortunately, that one is pretty much out.

If I'm going to get a dog that isn't already being well socialized by week 9, then I might as well get another rescue as the problems are about the same.