Penny,
+1 to what Preston and James have said. I think fostering is the hardest part of Rescue. And, obviously, we're not that good at it since we kept our first Rottie foster, Marion Louise . However, we have also placed over a dozen other Rotties that we've fostered and it's a bit like letting puppies go in a litter you've bred. It's very hard because you love them. But it's the right answer for the animals because they get to have a home where they are the center of attention.

We have a very good friend who does cat rescue. She'll find feral cats, get them fed and vaccinated and then -- if they are good with people -- will try to find them homes. It's very difficult because there are so many cats out there and so few homes. I've helped her wrangle many of her rescues and held them for the vaccinations. Some have tried to eat me; some have simply cuddled me. The latter ones are the ones I have trouble leaving.

I've often envied the ability of folks who work with service dogs, training them as puppies and then helping them get placed with the people they will help for the rest of their lives. That takes a very special strength.

Good job.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz