Jim,

Greeley is in the plains, so not a lot around there, but there are lots of places west of there. My first thought is to head up to Estes Park. I do not know what the weather is like now and the road, but that is a great area and is of course at the entrance to Rocky Mtn National Park. Whether you can get into the park or not due to snow, you are sure to see lots of wildlife.

Another area that is not as high in elevation so maybe a little more accessible is to take a drive up Poudre Canyon, just up from Fort Collins. Lots of hiking and photographing opportunities. I know there are places to rent cabins in the canyon - but cannot recommend anything specific.

Those are two places I am pretty familiar with - lots more places if you want to drive a bit farther west.

Also - for something closer and a bit off the beaten track - look up Pawnee Buttes, just east and a bit north I think from Greeley. No mountains but an interesting set of buttes in the prairie. At times the wildflowers and grasslands are quite nice there, but I expect it is too early now for that.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Dave

See my stuff here davedilli.zenfolio.com