Hi Dave,
you actually confirmed some of my plans. I decided to drive in via the Pawnee Grasslands area to see what it's all about. We should have a little bit of time to explore it before the show and I can make it "on the way" with some creative route planning. The buttes and prairie look fascinating from a photographic standpoint. Linda's reaction: "oh great, grass." I'll work on her.

The areas west of Greeley look pretty inviting including the Estes Park area and the entrance to the Rocky Mountain National Park. The issue of which roads are open this time of year is something we'll have to deal with when we get there but it's so close, we'll have to explore.

Linda is a bit of an archeological nut so she'd love to get down to the southwest part of the state for the Anastazi dwellings. Not sure if we'll have the time to do that but it would be a nice trip across the state and over some mountains.

I'll let everyone know once we get back. I think we'll play it a bit by ear based on how we feel and how tired everyone will be. The Rottie boys are both showing and both entered in Carting so I don't want to exhaust them. And Linda and I are not kids any more so I don't want to exhaust us, either . I'll have a full week of processing once I get home.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz