I just got back from Arizona. I had a ball. One of my former customers had moved out there a few years ago, and I lost touch with him. A friend of a friend of a friend got me his phone #, so I gave him a call. He volunteers for the Forestry department, radio tagging Rattlesnakes. He took me ALL over, down a whole bunch of forestry trials, goat paths and roads. I never had so much fun!

The best part! I didn't have to drive! The breeder drove the hour and a half to pick me up, then my friend drove to all these neat places, then the breeder drove me back to the airport. I can't wait to go out there again. I did get to Jerome, I had dinner at the Haunted Hamburger. Delicious dinner, but I am glad that somebody else drove. Not sure I wanted to drive back down that road. TOO many curves at 10mph! We were headed up to the Pines, but got caught in a snowstorm just as we were almost there. Flagstaff got hit with 12"

He also took me hiking into an undisclosed canyon,he wouldnt tell me the name of the canyon or the mountain to prevent graffiti. We had saw some other cave paintings that had been spray painted over. We climbed up about 1,000 feet to show me this cave. The face of the canyon walls had sheared away, destroying much of the cave, but some was left. He said it was a rare cave, in that the older inhabitants had carved petroglyphs into the rocks, and the new people, probably the Singagua, who had lived in the area from 900AD to 1400 AD, had painted above the Petroglyphs.

We also made it to Montezuma's Well, and Montezuma's Castle. Very interesting history. I can't wait to go back. My only regret is that we never made it to Oak Creek Canyon. We drove by it a couple of times going here and there.

Penny J. Wills
[color:"#08c3c5"]www.pennyjwillsphotography.com[/color]