James,
it was a lot of work but once you have the basics of layering and placing images in front of or behind other images, it's just a matter of keeping track of all those layers. We are somewhat handicapped in coverage of the National because I am not supposed to release formals to any publication until they have been published in the ARC Newsletter. The Newsletter doesn't come out for 6 months and we publish monthly so the delay is ludicrous but my contract says I can't release them so I don't.

Meanwhile, our competing magazine -- The Total Rottweiler Magazine -- is coming out this month as well and they've asked for photos. I can release photos that people have bought as long as the folks who bought the photos ask me directly. So, the long and short of it was our decision to use candids (I shot a bunch of them and there are no restrictions on how we can use them) for most of the coverage and formals only in ads purchased by the owners of those formals i.e. Best Of Breed and Best Of Opposite Sex were both owned by the same folks and they're running ads.

Once we decided to use candids, the collage gave us the opportunity to provide the widest coverage and to create the biggest bang while also showing the scope of the event.

Glad you like the effort.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz