Wow, what a beautiful dog! I love bull terriers.

Anyway - for critique. That's a cool angle, and an interesting "industrial" feel of the image - works with a bull terrier (not so much with a maltese!)

The main problem I'm seeing is that the dog is broad-lit. If he had turned his face to the right, the open light on camera-right would have illuminated his face and bring out catch-lights in the far eye. If it were me, I probably would have come up a little bit so I'm eye-level to the dog, but that's a matter of preference, especially in a shot like this.

A few other things... I would guess this was shot at around f5.6 on a kit lens? Try backing off from the dog and using a longer lens with wider aperture - that will produce more bokeh in the background. Also, be a little more conscious of subject placement - for example, that girder (or whatever?) is cutting right through his head. If you moved a step to the right, his head would be in that white background area, clearing him from any distractions (because with a longer lens at a wider aperture those chairs would blur out, too.)

Really nice separation light on the right side of the dog. Overall really good texture and a good pose on the dog too.

I'm not sure if it's my monitor but overall the image looks a little bit low-contrast. Again, that might just be my screen.

By the way, greetings from Europe! (I'm in Rome.)

Stephanie Millner, Cr.Photog., CPP