My grand father was a pro hunter, hunting guide or something like that. I can't translate correctly because in America there is no similar job I guess. But the point is, his job was to observe, and study the game spieces populations, and healt conditions, and he has to know where the animals are, to able to guid sport hunters. But he never needed a radiocollar to attach to the animals! And he did his job succesfully for many many years!

Sometimes I don't understand, why American researchers, and scientist, make a big deal, out of simply things.
Here is the growing problem with wild hogs, called "pig bomb" for example! In Europe the wild hogs are natíve, and living around from centuries, but there are no problems around them. And never any scientist study them a same way like here in America. I saw in a NG channel, researcher did install a video camera on a wild pig head, and they were watching on the monitor from the distance, where the pig going. What they are wanna know? Why all this thing never needed in europe, to controll the wild pig populations?
Sometimes I think the scientist do many unnecessary things just got paid for doing something, whatever it is. And they are make it looks like very impoprtant what they doing. A few good pro hunters like my grand father was, would solve the problem for free even make some profit out of it! That's how it works in Europe!

I shoot on Fuji Velvia and Astia, with Nikon F6 and Pentax Z1p with Sigma zoom lenses.