Quote:

What do you mean that today there may be No Trespassing signs? It is a NP?

Hi Penny,

Thanks for the comment!

Yes it is a federal N.P. but it appers to be someone can buy a private land within a park.

Just across the road where these pictures was taken, there is a woods and a little field. I took pictures over there of deer before, but two years ago when I want to go in that area again, there was a sign placed middle of the dirt road, from the N.P. said "No hunting". This is Ok nothing extraordinarily about this. Because I do not hunt, I walked on a dirt road, but after about 50 yard I found a treestand with a hunter on it with cross bowl. I tought I just caught a poacher, so I set my camera and even took picture of the guy. But then he just raise the crossbowl towards me. I tought he wanna shoot me, and because the arrow in a head is not in fashion these days, I tought better if I run, what is not easy with my about 70 pound photo backpack!
Next day I want to chek is the treestand still there? But in that time already was another sign next to the N.P. sign: "Private property, no trespassing".

This is Cleveland, this is North-East Ohio, this is worst than a communism was back in my country, because in a communism I was sure, if I not against the goverment I'm free to go anywhere I'm free to do anything, nothing is closed nothing is restricted, not even military shooting or practice range! All lands fields, forest agricultural lands was open for the public. Feeding/baiting is not illegal, and no one care what you do unless you vandalism or steal public properties. Not need permit for photographing, or camping, or just to be in a nature. Not need to pay entry fees to forest or parks or anywhere in the nature. The nature is not closed by 11:00 o'clock at evening and open at 6:00 at morning, like here in Amerika. The nature is open for 24/7 for the public. If you want hike at night, do it, it is not illegal, just stay on the hiking trail runing trought hunting areas.
Over here I already have to pay a 100.- fine because I was fishing and at 11:10 PM I still was in the parkinglot in the metropark. I have to pay $150.- fine because I was photographing in the N.P.! The park ranger said I need permit for that, and he give me a phone number and name where I can aply for permit. Then they are send me a fake aplications for a non exist photopermit, which would cost me a $50.- for three days. This is America! You have freedom if you a millionare and you can buy your freedom. Buy a huge lands (off course in this case less remains for others) and you have some freedom on your own lands. Not too much but a little. I already give up to go photographing to state or national parks. I got a permit from a land owner to enter his private farm. Guess what! An inspector came out from a city to chek my photoblind made out of OSB, it's need a building permit or not. In this point I give up the photography. In the past two years I wasn't realy taking any photo.
Just a few days ago I chek the local metropark located at the end of my street for close up photography. I just take a closer look of a few flowers and already someone called the police who came to cheking me what am I doing. Fortunately he saw I'm probably harmless and turned back and walked away. But that was clear he did came to me, because he didn't take of his eyes of me until he turned back.
Now the only photographing project I work on is a hummingbird photography in my own backyard. I hope no ranger or police come over here to chek what am I doing at home. But it's still can be happen who knows?
This is America, where the goverment telling you how to rais your kids, what give them to eat, how long you can have fun on your own wedding, where and when you can drink a beer, Wehre and which directions you must walk, how late you can take your girlfrend to a walk at a summer evening in a park, what outfit you must wearing if you don't want the police and park ranger harrasment, etc. Everything is controlled, regulated, ruled by goverment, and still make you believe you living in a free country.
If I vearing a camo pants, - what I like to do - I take a risk of police and park ranger harrasment. If I step off from the paved walkway in a park, I take a risk of police and park ranger harrastmen. If I do anything can be lead to a police or park ranger harrasment because everything is so regulated, and controlled, so impossible not to brake one of the rules or regulations, or law. So better if I do nothing, just close my doors and not live my hous until I die.

I shoot on Fuji Velvia and Astia, with Nikon F6 and Pentax Z1p with Sigma zoom lenses.