Just a day after the UPS shipped my long time dream, a Sigma 300-800mm f/5,6 EX Super telezoom lens, I went out to the Cleveland metroparks system to try it out, to take some picture. I was super excited for my new lens, what was only in my boldest dreams before, but fortunatelly this dream came true a few years ago.
Also it was my long time dream to photographing deer fawn when they are still got the white spots on. I never got a chanse before to take picture of those cute little deers.
But a very first time I take one of my dream with me the other dream came true too. In a relatively quet corner of the park I encounter with two deer fawn. I was standing on one side of a small river they are was on the other side. They have noticed me, but in this age the curiosity was bigger than a fear, so they didn't run away.

Both fawn was waching me curiously, but I remain motionless, so they stayed calm but.....

.... but still kept they eyes on me.

This was the time to discover the world around them, and they have pay attention on everything which did make sound or make movements, like some birds in the nearby.

Then suddenly they have dissapeared in the high vegetations, probably they mother call them.
I was so happy to able to take a few picture, but then, I got more than I was begging for!

In a not to far distance, the two fawn appeared again, and waded into the river give me a cahnce for a more interesting photo.

Then their mother follow them too! Wow! I can't imagine a better and luckyer day. But it wasn't over!
After the deer family crossed the river, they are went out of my sight and dissapeared in the woods.
Then I noticed two songbirds on my side of the river catching flying insects over the river, but between the catches they have landed on a tree trunk was laying on a river bank. So I tought may be I can take a few picture of them too. I went closer to the tree trunk and I did lay down to the ground in the quite high grass, set the tripod to the lowest setting, and I cover myself and the lens with some camo net, and I was waiting for the birds to coming back. But instead of the birds a deer fawn walked into the frame as I saw trought the viewfinder!

I didn't expect the deers gonna come to my way. But they did, fortunate to me.

I think that was one of my luckyest day so far.
I got my dream lens, and I got the deer fwan photos what I wanted too.

I shoot on Fuji Velvia and Astia, with Nikon F6 and Pentax Z1p with Sigma zoom lenses.