Marty,
I've been using PhotoShop since version 2.0 for the Mac came out in 1991. But every time a new solution is invented I try it. I've tried versions of Aperture and of Lightroom and, for my workflow and creative needs, PS is the right answer. It's just so much more powerful than the other programs which were developed for cataloging, sorting and database management rather than image processing which is PhotoShop's forte.

I admit that, like Preston, the learning curve might have something to do with sticking with PS/CS5 but ultimately, that's where I do my final processing so that's where I start. Bridge ain't great but it works fine for me. For portrait shoots, it's plenty fast enough and for big shows like National Specialties, it's adequate. But mostly, it's integrated more closely than LR and so it works better for my workflow.

Folks have said they can do everything I do in PS in LR. I'm willing to accept that possibility but I can't do everything I do in PS in LR. And that's the key for me.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz