Thanks Julie. From your mouth to God's ear!

As for the puppies I photographed, here are some stacked shots taken at 5 weeks of age. As most breeders will tell you, it's really hard to take decent stacked shots of puppies because they really aren't strong enough to hold a stack and, candidly, this was the first time anybody tried to stack these puppies. We start stacking them informally at 3 - 4 weeks. However, stacked is how you see basic structure which is very important for those puppies that will be sold into "show" homes. So, here they are:

First up, Blue Boy.

Next, Mr. Green.

And here's Mr. Yellow.

And, finally, Mr. White.

Missing from these shots is Mr. Red who is already committed to a "pet" home. To take these shots, you have exactly 2.65 nano-seconds to capture each puppy at the precise moment it's stretched out enough to see the topline and just before they step out of it with their back feet. Ask Julie. She and I tend to be both the stackers and the photographers for most of our own litters and that's simply not possible! These kids are very cute and if I were picking one for my own, I'd take Mr. Yellow.

Enjoy and think "puppy breath" .

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz