Quote:

I'm trying to figure #1 out, did you shoot from or through a blind?

Thanks Dave!

I did shoot it from a portable photoblind standing in a water, but the unsharp things what you see on a picture is a reeds between me and the Egret!

It was taken a shallow (3feet deep) marsh where I was photographing swans originally. The egret came by surprise! There's a little narrow islet in the mars, with reeds on it.
The egret was wading on the other side of the islet, and there was only one short spot where wasnt reeds on this islet. I have to wait until the egret gets into that point to able to take a photo.
Because the islet and the reeds was about halfway between me and the egret I got them unsharp enough and it make a natural frame to my subject.

Here is my photoblind what I can use in water:

This is a golf size umbrella with a camo net and skirt on it, attached to my Wimberley head, with Manfrotto "single arms". It is turning with the head and camera, but not tilting with it. So I can turn around a 360 degree but the photoblind is turning too with me. But when I have to tilt up or down, it is stay stationary. So the camera can be stay in balance as usually on a wimberley head.
If there's no wind, it can be very usefull. I have longer camo skirt for it if I want it to use standing behind a camera, or a short skirt if I want sitting on a ground or when I use it in water.

I shoot on Fuji Velvia and Astia, with Nikon F6 and Pentax Z1p with Sigma zoom lenses.