Hi All -

Two posts in one evening - must be a record for me! I am getting more and more involved with shooting dogs/dog events and am looking at upgrading my very basic lens collection. I wanted to get some insight from the people on this list as to what lens' they would recommend purchasing.

This will be a slow upgrade and I can't afford 1K+ lens' at this time. Will be shooting some indoor/outdoor portraiture, dog sports such as agility, obedience, schutzhund, etc. I have also been asked to shoot a couple national specialty shows, and while I reluctantly turned them down due to lack of confidence, in the future I am looking at the possibility of shooting small specialities or all breed shows and wondered what people like Jim use for lens' when they shoot in these types of forums.

Right now I am shooting a Nikon D70 and currently have a Nikkor 28-80 and 70-300. While I imagine in the future I will upgrade my camera, I am partial to my Nikons and I doubt I will be switching to Canon any time soon, so becoming lens heavy for a Nikon camera does not concern me too much

Any input or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Ingrid

Last edited by Psycht; 04/24/06 12:05 AM.