Thanks James and Ingrid
These were all shot with the MKII and 300 2.8 lens I brought it to try it out for the first time on the new tripod and ballhead...but some of the knobs all froze up on me, boy it's easy to do that! So these were hand held, very heavy. I also had my 20D and 70-200 2.8 lens with me (love to hand hold that and like the versatility of the zoom but the 300 2.8 is hard to beat for sharpness). But the ones posted here are with the 300 2.8. It was hard to get used to a fixed focal length but now I kind of like it becuase it forces you to do some crops you wouldn't have thought to do. The top one for instance was not cropped further, I wish I had not cut off the horses hooves but I couldn't move back any farther.

I noticed the "official" photographer there (they already had one durn it so I was just there to practice) was using a 70-300 I believe. (canon). Good luck on the dressage shoot Ingrid! I hope we'll get to see some of your shots. Nice thing about dressage and cross country is you can get really close to the action, I kept moving from jump to jump to get different jump shots but you can usually walk right up pretty close.

My Web Site www.deedeemurry.com