The first shot I would have pulled out a bit. To get the hooves and some of the jump. Other than that, the timing is great.

Eventing dressage is really hard. You have these super fit, hot horses that usually don't find dressage their favorite thing. event riders are bold, brave and love to jump.

Dressage horses should never look like they their heads are being constricted, which all of these do. I personally would not display this as a photo of my riding. Event riders know they don't do (for the most part) classical dressage, but, not sure they would prove it with photos.

I don't know how you can shoot this differently, as this horse in particular may have had a heavy handed rider or just been about to explode and she was riding defensively. I do want to take and loosen that flash noseband though.

I have never shot a 3 day event, but, my guess is the majority of sales are off of the jumping phases. I might try and do more shots of the extended trot when the horse will be naturally going forward and lengthening its neck/body.

Artistically, 2 and 3 are beautiful.Dressage wise incorrect though. 4 just looks painful. Granted, they are just moments in time and the test as a whole might have been lovely. He is a beautiful horse and I am certain the girl is a lovely rider.

Dee Dee, smack me if this is too critical. You are a wonderful photographer and your exposure, sharpness, color ect; are perfect. I just know what I would buy and would not. I know how bad I ride and I don't want to prove it