we have a 12 week old male mastiff x rottie. we have had him since he was 8 weeks and got him from a rescue home. he is a lovely pup, slowly picking up the house training, will now sit for treats. the problem we have is what we think is aggression towards our children. obviously he is always trying to eat peoples feet and we have taught him 'leave it'. he will listen to this almost 100% with myself and my hubby but never with the children we always have to step in. if i go upsatirs for anything, usually a shower or even to put away some washing he is unrelenting with the kids to the point of hurting them. he constantly snaps at their feet and jumps at them mouthing. i now just leave my 16 year old with the pup and put the younger 2 ( 12 & 10) in another room while im upstairs. but he is a nightmare! yesterday my 16yr old said 'mum its a different growl now he doesnt like me'! as soon as i come back down and tell him he stops! i started yesterday geting my 16 yr old to prepare and give him his food thinking this might make him see that she is 'above' him in ranking and it worked ok. but no sooner than im out of sight he is off again! does anyone have any answers or tips?
Thanks