Just to underscore what Julie said, a few years ago, we had one of our puppies from Annie's first litter come back to stay with us for a few weeks. Gianni was a large boy at 26 1/2 inches tall and 130 lbs. and he came back into a household with an Alpha male -- our Rowdy. While Rowdy was not small he wasn't nearly as big and brawny as Gianni and you could see his eyes get big when Gianni walked into the house. But Gianni had spent the first 8 weeks of his life in that house and Rowdy had been his alpha too. So, when Rowdy took him by the cheek and walked him around the house "talking" to him, Gianni let him do it and the two of them never had an angry word with each other. In fact, Gianni and Rowdy would lay in the foyer butt-to-butt during the day perfectly happy to be together. Two intact male Rottweilers.

When I brought Gianni up to spend a little time with the handler who was going to show him here in Florida, Gianni got out of the van, looked around at the kennels and other dogs, chicken-scratched and peed on everything to announce -- with no uncertainty at all -- that he was an alpha male and nobody was to mess with him. Different environment and different pack so different behavior to establish pack order.

As Julie says, we can't say what's happening in your household but it is your responsibility to establish your own "pack order" there and make sure the new puppy understands he's at the bottom of the totem pole. You can hire as many trainers as you want but, ultimately, it is you who have to be trained in order for you to manage your dog. And, while I don't agree with everything Caesar Milan does, the fact is that he is a true alpha and therefore can get away with doing things that other people would not be successful doing.

Good luck and send some pics of this devil dog. I'm dying to see him.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz