Sheesh guys, I would never do that. I am very aware of the rules and also of being considerate to the other photographers. I always get permission from the club putting on the show first and I pay my vendors fee. It's all on the up and up. I would never go to an event and take photos and sell them without having permission first. I go to a lot of events where they already have a photographer and I just take photos for the practice, I went to a horse show recently for instance where a good friend of mine was showing and I didn't even send her the photos I took of her because I didn't want to jeopardize a potential sale for the official photographer. I didn't mention selling candids to the OP at the dog show because it really didn't have time to come up, if he had asked outright what I was doing or if it would have been easy to work into the conversation I would not have kept it from him. I'm sure I will be having the conversation with the OP at some point, this was only the second dog show I had permission to sell at. None of the OP around here anyway do candid type shots and I never do anything similar to the show shots they do but even so if they were really against me taking the candid shots I would stop doing it even if the club gave me permission. I am not out to step on any toes or cause any problems.

Last edited by Dee Dee; 05/08/06 03:41 PM.

My Web Site www.deedeemurry.com