This weekend, I shot two Herding Trials for Collies in St. Cloud, FL about 1/2 hr. from the house. With modest entries of 49 and 51 dogs, the trials started at 8 a.m. and finished up around 3:30. As always, there were great dogs, wonderful owners and handlers, fabulous weather and lots of rewarding work.

When I wasn't shooting the runs, I managed to squeeze off a few shots of the location -- Linden Farms which is owned by an AKC judge who breeds and runs Border Collies and Corgis. The facility is over 43 acres and one of the few places in the Southeast where you can run an Advanced Sheep C course which requires a LOT of room.

Here's dawn at Linden Farms. Personally, I think dawn is pretty much over-rated .

Between runs, it's nice to see stuff in the early morning light and dew.

And, where there's a puppy, there's a way. Here's Merlin, a 9-week old Cardigan Welsh Corgi. Forgive the legs, but I couldn't resist this really cool puppy.

Sometimes the place and the people (and dogs) supercede the actual work of shooting the Trials. Not that herding sheep and ducks isn't great fun to shoot but it gets pretty repetitive. But if you look around, you can find other cool stuff to stimulate your creativity.

Enjoy,

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz