Lines through a shot should lead to a detail. Not BE the detail. The problem we have here is the pathway leads past what tries to be the main subject. The tree and the path are fighting for control on this creating an uncomfortable tension between the two instead of a symbotic balance.

If you follow the path, it leads to a horizon line. The sky being soft and lacking contrast detail doesnt pick the eye up and move it into the sky.

My eye, goes 1/2 way down the path....argues with the tree for control and either stays at the tree, and if it moves on, goes to the horizon line and then stops.

Post Processing can definitly help here. As shot, I would put some time into the sky so its elements become more interesting and once at the horizon line it can loop back into the tree via the sky. Saturation is already part of the sky, I wouldnt muck with it much, but some added contrast might be just the ticket to create some balance to your 3 major components.

The reason I caution about the saturation is usually more contrast = more saturation by nature, so don't be afrait to isolate the sky, work with it and desaturate after if need be.

I hope you dont mind, but I did a quick edit to show you what I mean. It's only a small edit on a small shot but should get the idea across.

Your Origonal:

A possable edit

Roman