Both places I've been to in Ma. are fairly small with the wolf pack kept in a large chain link enclosure. The environment is probably not a lot different than a zoo other than they are the only animals there, and there is an educational presentation. We were able to observe them fairly close up in the normal visitor tour and presentation.
I'm not sure how these compare to an actual preserve.
Both of these orgs do offer private photography sessions for a fee, which I haven't done.

I personally didn't care for the facility in Ipswich. I thought it was too small and too open. There was a lack of natural cover. It reminded me more of a large dog pen. Plus, the double chain link fence between us and the wolves did not offer a good photo op either. Here is their link.
http://www.wolfhollowipswich.org/
And here is my attempt to photograph "beaver for lunch" through double chain link fence :

Not too bad considering....I guess.

The walk with the one wolf at WolfTalk was very enjoyable. There were acres of land behind the facility where we walked, and the opportunity to interact with a wolf was very unique. The enclosure for the pack was large and in a wooded area with plenty of trees, and even had a den. We could also view them from a high spot, so no fence issue.

Loueen